"McCrory creates Matthew task force." Robesonian [Lumberton, NC] October 20, 2016.
North Carolina Governor Pat McCrory announced a plan for recovery after Hurricane Matthew. The Hurricane Matthew Recovery Committee will be helmed by Thomas Stith, McCrory’s Chief of Staff.
McCrory, who visited Robeson County to survey the damage, spent time with those that were displaced by the storm. He says the plan has five objectives:
1) To raise money for those in need through the North Carolina Disaster Relief Fund for Hurricane Matthew.
2) To reopen and rebuild critical infrastructure.
3) To implement a comprehensive strategy for how to rebuild towns and communities.
4) To assess the storm’s financial impact on agriculture, small businesses, commercial fishermen and other industries and develop an economic recovery plan.
5) To implement a plan for any needed legislative action for additional relief funding.
McCrory also asked that legislators provide flexibility in school schedules for Hurricane Matthew-related closings.