Recently Added or Updated
The following sources have either been recently added to the Lumbee Indians Bibliography, or recently had their records updated.
They meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Recently published;
- Published earlier, but recently discovered;
- Items from The Lumbee Indians: An Annotated Bibliography (McFarland, 1994) that had not yet been added;
- Additions to the list of legislation and court cases related to the Lumbee Indians;
- A full annotation for the source was recently written;
- The full text of source was recently made available; or
- A correction was made to the information on the record.
Robeson County Historical Edition. Robesonian (Lumberton, NC) Feb. 1951: Sec. G.
Sharpe, Bill. “The Lost Tribes of Carolina.” The State [Charlotte, NC] 16.47 (23 April 1949): 3-4, 21, 23.
Smithey, Sherman Bryan. “Robeson Indians Classed by State as Negroes 48 Years.” Charlotte Observer 22 Nov. 1931: Sec. 3 p. 3.
MacNeill, Ben Dixon. “Riddle of the Lumbee Indians.” News and Observer [Raleigh, NC]: 1926 Sec. 2 p. 1, in issues for 31 Jan., 7 Feb., 14 Feb., and 21 Feb.
Henderson, James E. “The Croatan Indians of Robeson County.” Report to the Commissioner of Indian Affairs, Washington, D.C. from James E. Henderson, Supt., Cherokee Agency, U.S. Indian Service, Dept. of Interior. Cherokee, N.C., 11 Dec. 1923. 8 p. National Archives and Records Service, Washington, D.C. RG 75, Entry 121, Central Classified Files, 1907-1939, 93807-1923-Cherokee School-150 (James Henderson’s Report).
Olds, Fred A. “Croatan Indians of North Carolina.” Raleigh Times 8 Nov. 1913.
McLean, A. W. “Historical Sketch of Indians of Robeson County.” Robesonian (Lumberton, NC) 3 April 1913: 2; 7 April 1913: 2. Rpt. in McPherson (entry 49), Exhibit F.